Friday, September 11, 2015

the story of us.

remember that one time i had a blog?
yeah me neither.

so a lot has happened since i last blogged, but the biggest is that i got maaaaarrieeeed! and it has been the greatest adventure ever. but many of you (because sooo many people obviously read my very poorly maintained and written blog) may not know the story of my how my husband and i got together, so i thought i would just tell that story right quick, on account of it's my favorite story to tell. here we goooo!

at the ripe age of thirteen i was sitting in my friend's basement waiting for these two boys to come over. one of my friends was really interested in one of the guys, and the other guy had come along with him for moral support. the wingman in question, dallin, walked downstairs and i just thought he was so incredibly attractive. (when i was telling this story to someone else they asked dallin if he thought the same thing about me and his answer was "well, anne was in her awkward stage..." HA!) i don't think i probably spoke two words to him that whole night because i'm super outgoing and great at first impressions. luckily, my friend and dallin's friend really started to like each other so we started spending a lot more time together.

fast forward three years and some really awkward things (me almost dating one of his friends, him dating one of my friends) and dale offers to give me a ride to a stake dance. not one to turn down a ride from a cute boy (and one without her license yet) i said yes! it was really the first time that dallin and i were together just the two of us and we had so much fun. after dropping me back off at my house dallin said that he had a lot of fun and that we should do something together again soon, so we decided to go on a walk the next week.

well, that walk went really well. we ended up just talking for like five or something hours (which is a feat for socially awkward teens) and while i was like "yes! i've had a weird secret crush on this guy for three years" dallin was just beginning to realize that i was coming out of my awkward stage. (hahaha, i joke i joke) a week, and lots and lots of texting later we went on another walk and after some weird questions from my parents he asked me to be his girlfriend (d'awww). like a month later we went to our first homecoming dance together.


then we went to prom.


and then dallin graduated and left to go to BYU.

so we did the long distance crap and saw each other every chance we got.

remember that one time i went blonde and had bangs? so weird. 
and then i convinced dallin to go to just one more prom with me.

and then dallin left on a two year mission for our church to paris, france.

and it was really freaking hard.

but then he finally came home!

after dating for a few months again we got engaged on september 13, 2014!


and then on december 30, 2014 we were married for time and all eternity in the denver temple.

and life has been the best ever since. i sure do love that guy and i'm so glad that i get to spend forever with him.

1 comment:

  1. Um. This made my night! I'm such a blog stalker...oh well! I'm so glad you're alive and writing cute stories again! Good luck with the new semester! ;)

    ReplyDelete