Sunday, December 9, 2012

rough.

what's rough anne?
life is, world.
life is rough. 

warning:
this is a long, slightly grumpy rant. 
proceed with caution.

this semester has not gone the way i hoped it would at all,
in fact it's gone the complete opposite.
i have not gotten the grades i wanted,
i have been sick really often,
my love life has been... horrendously awful, to say the least. 
i have learned living with five other girls is really hard...
especially coming from living with two boys.
plus many other things that i will spare you from.
anyways... 
it's because of all of these things that i have made the decision to move home.

i originally got the track fall/spring. 
well i decided i would show byu-idaho and go for fall and take night classes during the winter,
and go home during the spring and take an online class to keep my enrollment!
well, those sneaky devils knew what they were doing. 
a combination of the worst semester ever and not getting into the night classes i wanted to take have helped me make the hard decision to move home and work take online classes there. 
what am i doing after that?
NO IDEA.
you'll probably figure out my life before i do.

so, now the good part of this post.
even though this semester has been heinous beyond belief,
two good things have come out of it.
those two things are two people.
one person is someone that i rekindled a friendship with,
and the other was a roommate that has very quickly become one of my best friends.



this is amy. we have been best friends since 7th grade. we have been through so much together and i don't think she will ever know how much she means to me. while i have been up here at byu-idaho she has seriously been a rock for me. she was there for me every time i needed someone to listen to me rant and give me a little part of home. she is one of the kindest, most genuine people i know, and we can talk for hours without one minute of silence. she is an incredible inspiration to me and i cannot believe that it has been almost a year and a half since she got baptized! 


this is sydney. notice the matching in this picture? UNPLANNED. we have been asked several times if we are sisters and two people have seriously asked if we are twins. i wish. sydney and i have always been cool with each other, nothing really special. one night sydney and i started talking. this talk did not end until 5:30 in the am and ever since then we have kinda been inseparable. we have only been like this for about 2 weeks but i am already dreading leaving her and we are already planning skype sessions. 

anne, why are you telling me about these incredible people?
because they are incredible.
i'm learning to focus on the good things in the midst of a bad situation.
and it's starting with reminding myself that i have some amazing people in my life,
and they are huge blessings to me, and i am so grateful for them.

2 comments:

  1. Anne! We can be friends when you get home! I mega need friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um yes!! i would love that! plus i want to see your cute little man! we have to get together! :)

    ReplyDelete