Sunday, May 19, 2013

random dancing!

that title goes out to you, elder!


i am uber sick at the moment (heyo, strep round deux!),
so forming a long and cohesive post is just not going to happen.
so here are random snippets from my life as of late.

-my all-time favorite show, the office, ended this week.
it was seriously one of the saddest days of my life.
a little ridiculous? perhaps. oh well.
there was no way i was letting this amazing show go out without a bang,
so one of my best friends and i threw an office finale party.

pigs in a blanket in a blanket, miiiiint chocolate chip, beets and a stapler in green jello. classic. 

the whole gang. office attire was required.

jim&pam and dwight.
my thursday nights are now full of sadness.

-while getting ready for the party, casey (jim) and i were driving around getting supplies and jazz when along came a lovely song on the radio. i believe the lyrics were "you feel my love as i wrap my fingers around your throat". yeesh. someone has a hard time distinguishing between love and strangulation. (which i thought was very easily distinguishable.)

-my mom and i were talking about people losing weight, and how when some people lose 40 pounds it is hard to tell but when others lose 40 pounds it is very obvious. her exact words were "exactly! if i lost 40 pounds i would look emancipated!". i then told her that she looks pretty free all the time, not just if she lost 40 pounds. it took her a little while to get it. 

-a little girl in my young toddler class always says "seeeeeee" when she wants me to come look at something. so the other morning when she shouted out "seeeeee" to me i walked over to her to see what she wanted me to look at. she held out her hand to show me a giant writhing spider. oh my awfulness. i don't think i have ever screamed so loud.

-i was talking to some of the kids in the after school program at work. they were talking about how bad smoking was. one of the little boys said "they're really addictive! it's because of all of the nickel-teen." i was laughing too hard to correct him. 

-it was pajama day at work on friday. obviously, with my love of pajamas, i embraced it with open arms and showed up to work like this:
i'm even wearing spider-man socks.
i got a lot of compliments. 
i'd say my blog url is pretty fitting, eh?

-like i mentioned earlier, i am heinously sick. can't talk at all, barely moving, not sleeping well, you get the picture. well yesterday night (saturday) my family decided they would all stay in and watch hunger games with me. i sure am grateful for the family i have.  
they're kinda my favorite people.




No comments:

Post a Comment