Sunday, February 2, 2014

so you made it twenty months

without your best friend.
that's right,
TWENTY JEFFIN MONTHS.
twenty months of:
-being grumpy.
-not wearing makeup/real pants/not putting in my contacts because i just don't care.
-watching videos like this and this and this over and over again. (plus a million more. many hours have been wasted watching homecoming videos.)
-eating heinously unhealthy foods. (i may or may not be eating a s'mores cupcake while writing this. we'l never know for sure.)
-saying "i'm gonna get fit now!" at every month mark. (it's starting to take effect…)
-staying up late to write letters instead of studying for tests.
-mainly, just missing that crazy kid i am lucky to call mine.
4 MONTHS LEFT, FOOLS.
see you soon.

who gave him that sweater? no idea. but they
 should keep giving him insatiably attractive clothing.

LATELY:

-so i mentioned in my last blog post that something went wrong with my car, but that i got it fixed. well, like three days later i loaded up my little car and started my drive down to utah, where i would pick up all of my family and then we would all drive home to beautiful colorado for christmas! except for an hour and a half into my drive down to utah my battery started to die. i was able to pull over into the nearest gas station in MCCAMMON, IDAHO. literally the middle of nowhere. there was nothing even close to a car repair shop anywhere around. i would have to drive back a half hour to pocatello to get my car worked on. except my car didn't drive. and it was 4:45- all of the mechanic shops would be closing in 15 minutes. so, i put on my big girl pants (after calling my parents in a frantic panic), called a mechanic shop to tell them i would be coming, called a tow truck to come and pick my up and cried by myself in a booth in the gas station until the tow truck came. not one of my brightest moments.
lyle on the back of a tow truck. not something i ever
wanted to see.
 i was going to have to stay in a nasty motel that night but then my sister-in-law called her cousins who live in pocatello and they came and picked me up from the auto shop, brought me back to their house, fed me, watched a movie with me, let me sleep in their guest room and then took me back in the morning. i was SO grateful for them. kind people, man. they're the greatest.

-wow. that was long. take a breather.

-i had my whole family home for christmas this year. and it was amazing.
AMAZING life-size gingerbread house at the broadmoor.
even more amazing siblings.
(cheesiness for the win.)

aaron eating the lobster of our traditional surf&turf
christmas dinner

new year's hiking.
-my dad went out and checked the mail one day and nonchalantly put a package in front of me when he came back in. my heart nearly stopped beating when i saw that this was no ordinary package, this was a package from FRANCE. and it had this little beauty in it.
holy gorgeous necklace.
you win this round, elder. 

-i started back at work again. i walked into the room that had my old kids in it and they looked at me so confused for a minute before saying "anne!!" in their little voices. my heart melted.

-if you watched the super bowl (like most american humans) and you were watching right after it ended, then you saw this amazing commercial that my amazing sister-in-law wrote. she's pretty much the coolest human ever, and i am not related to someone famous. no biggie.


No comments:

Post a Comment