Sunday, February 3, 2013

lately.

i know that everyone out there is saying
"anne. i need to know what is going on in your life. please tell me."
you gotta give the people what they want right?
so here for your enjoyment are some random moments in my life as of late.
(just a side note, i recently got called to be the lead sunbeam teacher, so i spend sunday through friday with children. hence the tons of children moments.)

-at work today a little girl told me "my dog is named princess. princess the wonder beagle."

-we were about to read a book at work yesterday that was called "diary of a worm" (which i highly recommend!) when the teacher asked if someone could explain what a diary is. a little girl eagerly shot her arm up, and then told even in explicit detail what diarrhea was. i seriously cannot remember the last time i laughed that hard.

-the other day i yelled "goodbye mr. andrew!" to a little boy. He yelled back "bye spider-girl!"
life. made. 

(can you tell i love my job?)

-i just got a whole bunch of cute new clothes, but on account of i never go anywhere except work i look exceptionally classy every saturday when i go to lunch with my parents.

-my friend jayna and i were entertaining our sunbeams with flowers that opened and closed with the touch of a button. while playing with my flower a little girl said "this flower is the color of pee! yellow!" kids are very observant these days.

-i have become weirdly obsessed with breakfast casserole.

-and this song. don't judge me. it is so darn catchy.

-i wear footie pajamas more than the average 2-month old.

-i always ask the people in the baby room at work if they want a break. it makes me look like a super nice person, but really it is just so i can cuddle with a baby for 10 minutes. oops.

-today at work i had a parent ask me where i got my winter jacket. i had to shamefully say that i got it from the children's section... this is my life.

-a new guy started at work this week. he guessed i was 21 and 5'4. i don't know whether he is blind or just nice, but i will take it.

-i really didn't want to do my homework for my child development class... until i saw that the chapter was on babies. i then studied it thoroughly.

-at work a couple days ago a little boy pushed a little girl down. i told him "you need to say you're sorry to her for pushing her down!" he looked her straight in the eyes and said "YOU'RE sorry."

i'd say i am one lucky fool to have the life i have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment